The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Senior Product Manager, Consumer opportunity, you will have:
- 5-8+ years of Product Management experience, OR a relevant combination of experience in UX, Engineering, and Product Management roles.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical / analytical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) require; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience owning strategic product definition, planning, and execution in agile software development organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing and coordinating with 3rd party firms (e.g. agencies, vendors, 3rd party SAAS firms).
- Ability to compile and analyze large sets of data; the skill to convert disparate data sets into actionable insights; experience building financial and strategic product revenue forecasts.
- Expertise in Excel, with strong analytical / financial modeling skills; proficiency in SQL, Tableau Business Objects preferred.
- Experience delivering strong B:C products in digital organizations (media, e-commerce, high tech).
- A highly motivated, independent, organized self-starter who can work well with a variety of tasks and adapt quickly to different business needs and projects.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels of an organization.
- Able to communicate complex ideas effectively across technical and non-technical disciplines; verbally and in writing.
The RoleAt RentPath, we are here to connect people with a place to call home. That is our mission: to help renters find and live in a place they love. Until we touch every renter, in every rental property across the world, our job is not complete. We are building out a consumer product team in Atlanta, including this critical role, to help define and execute product initiatives across the organization in an ongoing effort to reach our mission. With resources to invest, RentPath is well positioned to realize our ambition to drive disruption in the real estate industry and delight our customers with an innovative and transformative consumer experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, Consumer Product Management, as Senior Product Manager, Consumer, you will own the consumer experience across RentPath’s portfolio of brands, driving innovation in the two-sided rental marketplace. You will develop data-driven consumer product roadmaps for a functional area of the RentPath portfolio of brands and oversee tactical execution within agile product teams.
As a consumer product manager, you will define the 'why' and the 'what', identifying, conceptualizing, and documenting key consumer initiatives to drive innovation and improvements in your functional area.
As part of your specific duties, you will:
- Partner with the Director, Consumer Products and Executive Team to define and execute on a consumer product vision to disrupt the rental marketplace.
- Develop data-driven consumer product roadmap for functional area(s) and oversee tactical execution within agile product teams. Partner with SEO and UX teams to deliver best in breed consumer product experience while meeting aggressive traffic growth targets.
- Work cross-functionality with Technology, Sales, Marketing, and Operational teams to align product vision and communicate product benefits and performance.
- Develop set of KPIs and reporting and analytics plan to generate weekly executive level reports to monitor consumer trends. Produce board-level materials to communicate product performance.
- Partner with UX teams to support A/B testing cycles, create consumer hypotheses and testing opportunities, document outcomes of tests in progress, and leverage 3rd party tools to report on statistical significance and identify moments of conversion throughout the consumer experience.
- Maintain a firm grasp on the competitive landscape, delivering ongoing insights and observations within the rental marketplace and across related industries. Stay on top of latest industry topics, trends, news, and research tools.
Why Join RentPathIf you want a career with a company whose actions reflect their ethics and whose people live their values, then you should consider working with us. For over 40 years, our company has continued to grow successfully. Consider some of the advantages of joining our team.
Interesting challenges, long-range impact
Ours is a category that isn't yet mature. Innovation is coming at the micro-level and the digital consumer experience has only just begun to evolve. You will have the opportunity to help in that evolution as we seek to set the bar both inside and outside of our industry.'
Variety and exposure
Though you will be assigned a function, that does not mean that you will always stay with that function. In other words, if you're working on search today, six months from now you could be working on lead optimization, providing you with variety and exposure in multiple areas. You will also be heavily exposed to mobile technology.
We value our employees and demonstrate our strong appreciation by providing competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package. Benefits include health, vision, dental, life and other insurances, a 401(k) plan with a generous match beginning immediately upon enrollment, and vesting immediately on the company matching contributions, 11 paid holidays, paid-time-off that increases as your tenure increases (96 hours year one incrementally increasing to 280 hours by year twenty) and more. Health and wellness benefits are available the first of the month following an employee’s date of hire and you can enroll in the 401(k) beginning the first day of any month or immediately after your date of hire.
Exceptional, high-profile CEO
Marc Lefar, RentPath’s President and Chief Executive Officer, brings the strategic vision and a unique blend of global marketing, financial and operational expertise built over a 30-year career necessary to drive disruption in the real estate industry make RentPath the industry's gold standard for providing an outstanding consumer experience. He brings Prior to joining RentPath, some of Marc’s career highlights included:
- Chief Executive Officer of Vonage
- Under his leadership, the Company underwent a comprehensive financial, operational and strategic transformation that resulted in successful expansion into new markets and dramatic shareholder returns.
- Chief Marketing Officer of Cingular Wireless (now AT&T Mobility) where he played a lead role in the acquisition and integration of AT&T Wireless
- Worked with Steve Jobs and his team during the development of the exclusive partnership to launch the iPhone.
- Appointment by President Obama to the National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee.
- Serves on the Boards of Directors of ClassPass and IPC Systems.
- Serves on the Board of Advisors for the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia
- Is a prolific inventor with two U.S. patents and five additional patents pending.
RentPath is backed by two leading private equity firms, TPG and Providence Equity Partners.
TPG is a leading global private investment firm founded in 1992. TPG has offices worldwide and manages $70 billion in assets, with asset classes including private equity, growth venture, real estate, credit and public equity. Since the start of 2014, TPG has raised more the $18.6 billion for its investment funds and has launched six new products including Pace Holdings, TPG Real Estate Finance Trust (TRT) and TSL Europe. Current and past investments include Airbnb, CAA, Cirque du Soleil, Lynda.com, SurveyMonkey and Uber.
Providence Equity Partners is a premier, global asset management firm with $45 billion in assets under management across complementary private equity and credit businesses. Providence pioneered a sector-focused approach to private equity investing with the vision that a dedicated team of industry experts could build exceptional companies of enduring value. Since the firm’s inception in 1989, Providence has invested in more than 150 companies and is the leading equity investment firm focused on the media, communication, education and information industries.
Pictured: RentPath's brands include some of the leading websites connecting renters to a place to call home. Behind those consumer-facing sites is a suite of marketing tools for professionals in multifamily building management.
Keys to SuccessSuccess will require that you dedicate yourself to learning our space and category. Depth of understanding will be essential as you guide the team. As you'd expect, ours is a metrics and data-driven environment, so your analytical reasoning skills will also be paramount. Additionally, to be an outstanding Senior Product Manager, Consumer, you will:
- Effectively build internal relationships
- Demonstrate accountability and transparency in your work
- Learn the company and our products in short order
- Build efficient processes and systems
- Thrive under pressure and wear multiple hats
- Creative thinker
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Proactive doer
- Collaborative team member
About RentPathWhy RentPath? We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. In fact, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance. The challenge of leading our digital transformation has attracted talent from leading companies like Google, Microsoft, and Expedia. Will you be next?
Based in Atlanta, RentPath is a leading, highly profitable digital business with a strong and long-standing dominate in the real estate industry, empowering millions of people nationwide seeking apartments and houses for rent. RentPath’s category-leading brands include Apartment Guide, Rent.com, Livelovely.com, Rentals.com and RentalHouses.com.
With an unrelenting focus on digital technology and delivering an exceptional consumer experience, RentPath solutions provide consumers with a clear and simple guide to apartment living through content-rich apartment listings via Internet, mobile and social media solutions. As an innovator in this rapidly growing two-sided marketplace, RentPath’s network of sites receives more than 10 million unique visitors each month.
RentPath is well positioned to realize its ambition of providing far and away the most delightful customer experience in the industry while maximizing value to property owners. The organization is committed to helping people manage through the stressful time of finding a home as well as transforming the multi-family housing industry by delivering a brilliantly-crafted consumer experience and advancing/evolving the value proposition for their property owners and managers. By delivering a superior experience to both sides of this marketplace, RentPath will not only be the leading multi-family industry partner and the go-to choice for all rental searches, they will also serve as an example outside of the industry for uniquely differentiated user experience.
RentPath is owned by two renowned private equity firms – TPG and Providence Equity. For more information, please see the Why Join RentPath tab.